1. Two nights in a row of cooking some of my favorite tried and true recipes.
Sloppy Joes, that I'm renaming Super Spicy Sloppy Joes. I used less spice and hot sauce than my recipe called for and my mouth was still on fire two bites into the sandwich.
Morning Star Copycat Black Bean Burgers with homemade guacamole and corn on the cob? Ohmuhgosh. I could eat this every single night.
2. This. This is what I call Heaven in a Cardboard Container. Have you tried any of Duff's (aka the Cake Boss's) Blue Bunny ice cream flavors yet? This Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake ice cream is to die for. I bought this on my dinner break while working a late shift last week and it's safe to say this is only thing that kept me going at my desk until 10pm.
3. A coffee mug filled with hot oatmeal. Don't forget the sliced bananas and chai seeds! This is how I've been starting my workday for the past two weeks. I've gotten in a poor habit of sleeping until the last minute and not having quite enough time to eat my breakfast at home. Solution? Bring my oatmeal to work in a mug!
4. Oh look, it's my Lost Dog Cafe mug again! I sure do put that thing to use. After cleaning the oatmeal out of it, I fill it with what it's actually meant for- Coffee! These rainy days call for a warm and comforting afternoon snack like a hot cup of coffee and a chocolatey Good Greens bar (Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor).
5. Out of all of this foodie goodness, the thing I am loving most about this Wednesday is that it's my last full day here in Charleston before my trip HOME!! Tomorrow evening, Greg and I will be hopping on a plane to Columbus for a full weekend of cake tastings, meetings with the caterer, engagement pictures and some much needed family time. I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aren't we precious? ;)